Beautiful quirky cottage”
- “We stayed here in May as a couple plus dog! This cottage is absolutely beautiful, immaculately clean and full of great little touches and all the mod cons you'd ever need. The huge round bed was
very comfortable, the views over the fields were amazing and the garden out back was lovely. We had a great few days here and would thoroughly recommend it! Short drive to village supplies and great
position for loads of lovely walks (and walking guides provided too!) Very friendly owner, we hope to return soon.”
- “Ideal rural retreat. Lovely cottage with everything that was needed for a short break with the dogs along.”“Just what I needed!”
- “A fabulous cosy cottage! On arrival Christmas Eve in the dark I was wondering what I was doing in the middle of nowhere escaping family and friends. However the cottage was gently lit
within, the heating was on and a touch of Christmas in cute little decorations welcomed me. This little place put a smile on my face, it was a real home from home and forced me to properly relax, I
- “Fantastic little barn conversion.”
- “We chose Spout Barn for our annual February mini break because it is within 40 miles of our home and pet friendly. We initially booked for three nights but managed to arrange an extra
night at the last minute after a change of plans and paid cash on arrival. The cottage really isn’t difficult to find if you don’t panic. Head out of Belper towards Ashbourne on the A517, after about
2 miles turn right on Lambhouse Lane (narrow) towards Shottle, drive through the village and carry on for another mile or two and you will encounter a clutch of farm buildings and you are there! Look
for a small sign in the hedge of a two storey building on your left. On arrival we were impressed at how well appointed and clean the cottage is. Everything is open plan and modern. The kitchen has
everything you need, including a washing machine. Downstairs there is a small dining area, TV with freeview, local tourist maps/books, free Wifi and a comfy sofa. Upstairs is an unusual round bed,
wardrobe/drawers and a bathroom with shower, loo and a bath big enough for two! There is also a cd player with excellent acoustics due to the high ceiling. There is an enclosed back garden but be
wary because a pioneering pooch will escape without too much difficulty. In terms of a base, Spout Barn is ideal to explore the southern Dales, Matlock, Bakewell etc. Wirksworth is only a short drive
and from there you can access all major routes. There are supermarkets at Belper (Morrisons/Co-Op), Matlock (Sainsbury) and Ashbourne (Waitrose/Co-Op). There are many pubs and restaurants within easy
reach if you prefer to eat out. We were happy to go on a long walk each day, return at around 4pm and prepare a nice meal ourselves before settling down for an evening of relaxation. All-in-all, we
would recommend Spout Barn to all walkers and dog lovers who want a comfortable base for a break of 3 – 7 nights. We even took our cat and she was quite happy!! Spout Barn does have its own website
so you can book direct if you prefer, Fabulous.
- “The only thing we feel could be bettered about this let is the instructions for finding the cottage as it is so far out of Shottle that we had to stop several times to ask our way.
Apart from the above the cottage was out of this world. It is newly refurbished and excellently done. The Kichen area left nothing to be desired it was perfect. There is all the equipment you could
possibly need. The Sitting area is nice and comfortable with the T.V and D.V.D. and the owners keep it nice and warm.and spotlessly clean. The bedroom is huge with en.suite bathroom and toilet all
very modern.The bed is very unusual being round but is lovely and wide and very comfy.I loved this room because you could look out over the valley towards Wales.( I forgot to mention you are so high
up it's like living in the clouds.) The view at night with all the lights for miles around is wonderfull and during the day if it is clear you can see so many ranges of hills I think you must be able
to see Wales. Fantstic Cottage and a lovely peaceful holiday. The surrounding area is very good for walking and is beautiful countryside. Thank you very much.
- A fantastic place, super accomodation with everything we needed. max the dog was very friendly and going down to feed the horses each morning was very pleasent.
Beautiful converted barn!”
- “Fantastic place!!! In the middle of no-where, fantastic views from the front and the back of rolling hills and forests with wildlife in abundance. Yet, it was only a 5 min drive from
Wirksworth and 15 mins from Matlock, a great destination to explore the Peak District. Sykes were good and professional however there directions are rubbish but on the plus side if you got a sat-nav
it'll take you straight to the doorstep. The owner was lovely, left us alone to get on with our holiday but was always around if we needed her and such a BIG friendly dog to welcome you back ever
evening!!! Her directions were much better. Thank you for a lovely holiday!!!
- The Barn is beautifly converted if a little quirky. A fully equiped galley kitchen, I cooked a roast dinner with it! Lounge is spacious with a flat screen TV/DVD combo and has underfloor heating
underneath black slate tiles, Georgeous!!! A round yes you read right! A round kingsize double bed with a bathroom upstairs. I loved this place and it was a great price too.”
- “We had a lovely holiday visiting many local places of interest. The cottage was rural but well situated in an out of the way spot. Our dog enjoyed the local alport heritage site for his
daily walks.Fabulous views and sunsets.
- “We really liked this cottage. It had all the amenities you would want in a holiday cottage, with great views towards Derby - lovely twinkling lights at night. Pity about the fog though
- we only saw the views occasionally through breaks in the rain and fog! Lovely and cosy inside, and dog friendly too - perfect for us.
- Find More comments on Trip Advisor!!!
Holiday Cottage, Derbyshire Dales, Peak District, Dog Friendly, Rural Retreat, Self-Catering,
Isolated Location, Weekend Break, Pet Friendly, Romantic Weekend, Matlock, Wirksworth, Bakewell, Chatsworth, Luxury Short Breaks.